REGULAR VOLUNTEERS Per California’s 2022 law, AB506, Regular Volunteers who have direct contact with minors for 16 hours per month or 32 hours in the year must now do a one-time LiveScan (electronic finger printing), as well as the Child Protection Training every two years. If you have recently completed the Sterling Background process and you meet the above criteria, you must still complete the LiveScan.
- Volunteers are not required to provide a Social Security number. (Employees of the church, however, must provide a SS #.)
- Accomplish the LiveScan process by taking your completed “Request for Live Scan” form to an authorized LiveScan operator; walk-in locations can be found by visiting https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/locations.
- Vendors should waive the $32 DOJ (Department of Justice) fee as Southern California Conference (SCC) is considered a Youth Organization. Ask in advance.
- Note: Alternate organizations DO NOT provide nor share their LiveScan results. If you are employed by an institution where you have been LiveScanned, thank you for graciously completing the process again for SCC, as required by law.
- In the comfort of your home or office, complete the Child Protection Training. Go to https://mandatedreporterca.com/ and choose the “Volunteer” button.
- After completing the Child Protection Training, you will receive a “Certificate of Completion.” Email a copy of your certificate to your pastor. Each church will keep an active local volunteer list.
- Reimbursements: Each church board will establish a local policy on reimbursements. Provide your receipt and LiveScan copy (block out any Social Security number that may be shown) to your local church treasurer for reimbursement consideration.
Questions? Visit the risk management page at scc.adventist.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.